POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : particles flow (very first try...) : Re: particles flow (very first try...) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:34:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: particles flow (very first try...)
From: Rune
Date: 1 Oct 2001 11:17:05
Message: <3bb888f1@news.povray.org>
"JRG" wrote:
> This is my very firts try in reproducing something similar
> to a *waterfall* (please be mercyfull).

Very nice for a first try! :)

I always like a little competition! ;)

Is the particle system I/O based? I.e., do you use the #write command in
POV-Ray to save the data to a file which you then read in the next frame of
the animation?

It seems like you colored the particles dependent on velocity so they're
lighter when they move fast?

Anyway, besides the everlasting suggestion of using smaller and more blobs,
I also suggest you add some randomness to the simulation, as it currently
look very synthetic.

Looking forward to see next version!

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)